Pages - Menu

Friday 1 November 2013

tracks of the week #4

The Cribs - Leather Jacket Love Song
Enjoying The Cribs more than ever lately.
This is just a brilliant song, and it involves leather jackets.. so that makes it twice as good, right?

Wolf Alice - Bros
Mates with Swim Deep, North London cool kids.. That's enough to make you want to listen to Wolf Alice, right?
Well, apparently not. I have no idea why I didn't catch on to the intial 'hype', and I'm a bit annoyed now.

TOY - My Heart Skips A Beat 
TOY were another band I'd never bothered to listen to properly (again, I don't know why).. 
I feel stupid now because they're really good!

Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere
I'm really regretting not going to see Fleetwood Mac last month (I couldn't afford it anyway)..*sob*
My dad is a huge fan of them so I've grown up with their music, and this is one of my favourite tracks.


The Virgins - Teen Lovers
After finding my old iPod whilst clearing out some drawers, I re-discovered these guys - The Virgins.
Although the name seems comical, they're pretty serious musicians (and by that I mean seriously good).
This album is just brilliant, go and listen to it if you haven't already!

Lou Reed - Take A Walk On The Wild Side
Shallow it may seem, but Lou Reed's passing made me properly appreciate just how talented he was.
Arctic Monkeys did a cover of this at their Liverpool gig (which I was lucky enough to witness), to commemorate him, and they couldn't have chosen better.
A beautiful song, rest in peace Lou.


CREDIT : ALL OF THE ABOVE IMAGES BELONG TO THEIR ORIGINAL SOURCES

No comments:

Post a Comment