Pages - Menu

Sunday 24 February 2013

february : my most played songs


Foals - My Number
'My Number' is my favourite track on 'Holy Fire' - it's unbelievably catchy and I can't help but want to dance whenever I hear it.
Initially I was a little disappointed with the album, but it's definitely growing on me.


Haim - Falling
Yet another great song from Haim! I'm dying to see them live.. 



Swim Deep - The Sea
At the end of January I saw these guys supporting Two Door Cinema Club, they sounded really good! 
I liked 'King City' but since then I haven't paid Swim Deep much attention - I prefer Peace who are another Birmingham band (with very similar haircuts and jackets!)
However, their latest single 'The Sea' is definitely worth downloading!



Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers
Whilst I was in Italy, the local radio station kept playing a fantastic remix of this song. 
I'd never really listened to Lykke Li, but this is good!



Foals - Balloons
Another Foals track! I'm listening to them quite a lot at the moment because I'm excited to see them next month!
This is brilliant, such a catchy song.
 'Antidotes' is probably my favourite Foals album.



The Police - Message in a Bottle
I forgot how good this song was until my friend put it on in the car recently.
 If you don't like The Police then you must be mad!



Theme Park - Big Dream
This is the opening track to Theme Park's debut album, and it's bloody marvellous. 
I'm going to see these guys next month (thanks to my lovely friend Alex!)
Check out the album if you haven't already!



The Horrors - Whole New Way
I'd never given The Horrors a proper listen, but this is good!
 I'm still not 100% sure of what to make of them though.. 
They're at Green Man festival this year (which I'm supposed to be going to - eeee, exciting!) ..so maybe I'll see them there and be able to make a real judgement. 



Ben Howard - Oats in the Water
I've been falling asleep to this song every night.. it's beautiful.
Ben Howard is also playing at Green Man - I've been wanting to see him live for a while now so I really do hope my plans work out and I can go! 




all images belong to their original source

No comments:

Post a Comment