Pages - Menu

Sunday 28 April 2013

where i went : london











As an early birthday treat, I was lucky enough to get tickets to see Paul Smith and Alexa Chung at the Vogue Festival in London. It was such a good experience, I'd never been to anything like that before and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a huge fan of Alexa Chung's style and I also love watching her interviewing; she makes it so informal and relaxed. Paul Smith wasn't someone I was particularly interested in beforehand, but he was such a nice guy - really down to earth, and gave some great advice.

I went with my mum, and we were rushing around all day trying to fit in as much as possible. First we headed to Soho, to find The Breakfast Club. Stupidly, I forgot to think about the queues on a Saturday so we didn't bother going in which was a shame. We wondered back toward Oxford Circus and stumbled across Phonica Records on the way.

We grabbed a take out lunch at Leon on Carnaby Street because I was booked in at the Hersheson's Blow Dry Bar in Topshop. The staff were lovely, and it was so quick! It took around 25 minutes for them to wash, dry and style my hair - for just £25. I opted for a sixties 'do, to tie in with my dress (above).

Then we dashed to the Southbank Centre, doing some risky road-crossing whilst trying to protect my freshly done hair from the rain. That was a little stressful to say the least. I even got to have a little chat with Olivia (What Olivia Did) after the talk, she was so lovely!

We headed back to Oxford Circus to try and squeeze in some last-minute shopping, but it was hideously busy so we went back to Euston to wait for our train. I had such a lovely day but it went too quickly!


Where are your favourite places to go in London? 

No comments:

Post a Comment