Pages - Menu

Monday, 17 December 2012

december : my most played songs

Thought I'd try something a little different today.. say hello to my new monthly feature - my most played songs! I'm not going to put a number limit on the amount of tracks I choose each month because sometimes there might be more variety than others. They're in no particular order by any means..nor are they all brand spanking new songs, it's just my most played this month. I hope you enjoy this little insight into my rather varied music taste! 



1) The 1975 - Sex EP  
I know this feature is supposed to be 'tracks' but rather than take up four slots, I'm including the whole EP in one because I love it that much. One of my all-time favourite bands, so much talent. I won't ramble, but you can check out the whole post I wrote on the four lads that are The 1975 here.



2) Catfish and the Bottlemen - Sidewinder 
 The saying 'its a small world' could not apply more to this band, I saw them supporting The 1975 earlier this month in Manchester, only to discover they're from North Wales.. err hello, me too! How on earth I'd never heard of them before is beyond me, but what I really wanted to say was this - Sidewinder is a cracking tune, go and listen to it on SoundCloud here.



3) Ellie Goulding - Sweet Disposition (The Temper Trap cover)
I'm aware that it's a really old cover but I've recently started enjoying Ellie Goulding's music again. I loved her when she first started out but haven't really been paying much attention since. I must give 'Halcyon' a listen, I quite like 'Bittersweet' which isn't on the album but was on the soundtrack of Breaking Dawn Part Two.



4) Bombay Bicycle Club - Rinse Me Down
This is a fantastic song, I've always said their first album 'I Had The Blues.. But I Shook Them Loose' is my favourite and always will be, but I'm loving their stuff from 'Flaws' at the moment.. really lovely. Jack Steadman can sing me to sleep any day.



5) Jai Paul - Jasmine
This guy is amazing, I just wish he'd get some more stuff out there! His music is really different to the majority of what I listen to, I don't know what 'genre' it is.. but it's fantastic.



6) Miike Snow - Animal
I remember first hearing this on NME TV about two years ago when I was at home, ill. I fell in love straight away, it's such a great song! I like the Mark Ronson remix too, it was in a film I watched recently (can't remember what..!) and it made me remember how good this song really is.



7) The Maccabees - About Your Dress
I recently heard this on the radio and I remembered how much I love The Maccabees earlier music, so I've been listening to them a lot lately. I wasn't too impressed with 'Given to the Wild', I'll always love the older stuff though.


That's all for this month! I hoped you liked this post.. please feel free to give me some feedback!

What are your most played tracks this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment